The Pain Clinic at Asian Institute of Medical Sciences is the first pain clinic in India to serve patients with chronic, disabling pain disorders. The Pain Clinic addresses physical and psychological dimensions of pain by using a multi-pronged approach, which helps the patients to manage chronic pain and restore function.
The most advanced treatment options currently available are being offered in a supportive, compassionate environment at Asian Institute of Medical Sciences, Faridabad by the pooled expertise of a multidisciplinary team of pain specialists.
Our goals are to help you decrease the suffering caused by pain and return to your utmost level of functioning and independence, thereby improving the quality of life.
The treatment plan developed by the Pain Clinic will be specifically tailored to the patient’s health status, severity and intensity of pain, individual’s requirements and objectives. The treatment plan may be either involving single approach or multi-modal approach i.e. combination of various therapies: medical therapies (including both medications and special procedures); rehabilitation therapies and psychological therapies.
Specialist care is provided for
- Chronic headache
- Trigeminal, sphenopalatine, glossopharyngeal neuralgia
- Chronic neck and back pain
- Shoulder pain / frozen shoulder
- Spine related nerve pain
- Post-spine surgery pain
- Cancer pain
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Neuropathic pain
- Limb pain arising out of ischemia
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Post-herpetic neuralgia
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Chronic post-surgical pain
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Trigger point injection
- Joint injections (shoulder, knee)
- Gasserian, sphenopalatine, stellate ganglion neurolysis or radiofrequency neurotomy
- Epidural steroid injections
- Dorsal root ganglion neurotomy
- Facet joint injections and radiofrequency neurotomy
- Sacro-illiac joint injections and radiofrequency neurotomy
- Sympathetic blocks (stellate, lumbar plexus, celiac, hypogastric, ganglion impar)
- Caudal epidural steroid injections
- Piriformis injections
- Epidural adhesiolysis
- Neurolysis with alcohol or phenol ( celiac, hypogastric, ganglion impar)
- Intra-thecal drug delivery systems
- Peripheral nerve / Spinal cord stimulation
- Intra-discal electromagnetic / electrothermal therapy
- Percutaneous disc decompression / endoscopic disc decompression
- Epidural adhesiolysis.
We offer comprehensive patient care that takes account of medications, physical and behavioral therapy.