Department of Endocrinology at AIMS is a state-of-the-art facility which provides tertiary level care in hormonal and metabolic disorders. The department provides a complete range of medical services for diagnosis and treatment of thyroid orders, obesity and PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome).
- Comprehensive management of Diabetes Mellitus
- Onsite blood and urine testing
- Diabetic education
- Nutritional counseling
- Vascular and neurological assessment
- Podiatric services including treatment and care of diabetic foot
- Treatment of diabetes in pregnancy
- Specialized clinics for type 1 and young type 2 diabetes
Most common thyroid related disorders: Hyperthyroidism and Thyroid nodules. Thyroid disorders, if not managed adequately during pregnancy, can have severe detrimental effect over the foetus.
- Complete range of medical services for diagnosis and treatment.
- Excellent laboratory services for assays of thyroid hormones.
- Facilities for ultrasound guided FNAC from thyroid nodules, radionuclide thyroid scanning and radioiodine ablation.
- Actively supported by a very experienced and excellent surgery department.
The Asian Centre for Obesity Management aims to provide a complete range of medical and surgical services to help the patients reach and stay on a healthy weight. We have a team of health professionals including endocrinologist, dieticians and bariatric surgeons who work in tandem for the desired results. Treatment methods includes :
- Dietary changes
- Exercise and physical activities
- Behaviour changes
- Weight loss medication
- Bariatric surgery
We provide comprehensive diagnosis and management of various pediatric endocrine disorders in collaboration with our pediatricians.
- Childhood obesity
- Short stature
- Pubertal disorders like delayed and early puberty
- Intersex disorders
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
PCOS is a very common metabolic disorder affecting approx. 5- 10% young reproductive age group females which manifests commonly menstrual irregularities, excessive hair growth over face and body ( hirsutism), acne and infertility. These females have increased risk of developing diabetes and cardiac problems over years. The department provides a very specialized service for diagnosis and management of PCOS. In addition to above mentioned services, the department also provides specialized management of:
- Hypothalamus – Pituitary and Adrenal disorders
- Calcium /Parathyroid disorders and Osteoporosis
- Impotence, Erectile Dysfunction and Male infertility
- Female hormonal problems like Perimenopausal Syndrome
- Lipid and Cholesterol disorders
- Diabetes and Related Complications
- Thyroid Disorders
- Obesity & Metabolic Syndrome
- Growth Disorders
- Pubertal Disorders
- Female Hormonal Problems like PCOD and Perimenopausal Syndrome
- Impotence, Erectile Dysfunction and Male Infertility
- Hypothalamic, Pituitary & Adrenal Disorders
- Rheumatic Disorders
- Efficient hormone assay laboratory
- Nuclear Medicine imaging facilities
- State of the art imaging modalities like ultrasound, CT, MRI for imaging of pituitary, adrenal, thyroid, parathyroid glands
- Dexa Scan