The Department of ENT and Head & Neck Surgery at Asian Institute of Medical Sciences is well equipped with latest in diagnostic modalities including instant out-patient endoscopies to enable a working diagnosis in each and every patient examined to medically or surgically manage illnesses related to the ears, nose, nasal passage, sinuses, larynx, oral cavity, upper pharynx, as well as structures of the neck and face.
The backup laboratory and state-of-the-art imaging facilities and ultra modern modular operation theaters with the highly experienced team of super specialists available in the hospital make it a truly world-class facility capable of handling all types of ENT related disorders.
- Cochlear Implants – for enabling sound perception and speech discrimination in primary or secondary deafnes.
- Myringotomy and Grommet insertion- for children with ”Glue Ear”.
- Tympanoplasties- Repair of eardrum and ossicles under the microscope.
- Stapedectomy- teflon/ gold/ tungston piston placement for Otospongiosisor otosclerosis.
- Mastoidectomy- for the disease of mastoid bone; generally coupled with repairative Tympanoplasty.
- Sac Decompression- for the difficulty to treat Menier’s disease.
- Facial Nerve Decompression and repair.
- Septoplasty- correction of nasal septum crookedness.
- Septorhinoplasty- Cosmetic and repairative surgery of the nose.
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery- for the difficulty to treat sinusitis and sino-nasal polyposis.
- Trans Nasal Neuro Surgeries- including pituitary tumors and skull base surgery Optic Nerve Decompression- when blindness follows optic nerve compression.
- Orbital decompression- when the eye content are under pressure
- Tonsillectomy- with minimal blood loss.
- Adenoidectomy- endoscopic guidance to ensure complete removal.
- Micro-Laryngeal Surgeries- look at Voice-Box microscopically and remove growths and repair.
- Uvulo – Palatoplasty- as treatment of snoring/ OSA Obstructive Sleep Apnoea.
- Pharyngoplasty- repair/modification of throat Laryngofissure and other voice box surgeries Tracheal Surgeries.
- Endoscopies- all kind of diagnostic procedures as laryngoscopy, bronchoscopy oesophagoscopy and nasopharyngoscopy with flexible fibreoptic or rigid scopes.
Endoscopies of all kind of diagnostic procedures laryngoscopy, bronchoscopy, oesophagoscopy and nasopharyngoscopy with flexible fibreoptic or rigid scopes.
Deafness can be partially or completely impaired. The patient shall need to see an ENT specialist in case they are suffering from partial or full deafness. In addition, other ear disorders such as an ear infection, hearing impairment, diseases tend to affect balance, tinnitus (ringing in the ears), or pain in the ear are too treated by Department of ENT at Asian.
We have expertise managing the Cochlear Implants (CI) and proven results with surgeries on patients who are profoundly deaf or hard of hearing. Cochlear Implants that are primarily designed to mimic natural hearing are often referred to as bionic ear and work though using special technologies that mimic the non-working
parts in the ear.
In its endeavor to deliver cutting-edge hearing solutions, Department of ENT brings Cochlear to gift sound to its patients.