Pomegranate is a round shaped red colored fruit which has edible seeds inside it. These red ruby-like seeds are juicy and delicious to eat.
But apart from just being beautiful like a jewel, these seeds can do a lot of good for your health.
Yes, the tempting-looking pomegranate seeds offer a lot for us if taken correctly.
The Ayurveda industry has valued pomegranates for a long time. Not just its seeds (arils) but its flowers, bark, and peels; everything is enriched with goodness that can help you cure diseases or at least control them.
Let us have a glance at the health benefits of pomegranate seeds :-
• Helps with inflammation – Inflammation is normal if there is an injury in the body. But if there is inflammation for a very long time, it can be a problem. For example, chronic inflammation can be a sign of diabetes, cancer, or heart disease.
It is essential to address this problem of inflammation. Pomegranate seeds contain punicalagin, which are rich in antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory properties. They help manage inflammation in the body.
• A stable blood pressure – Hypertension or high blood pressure can lead to heart diseases. So it is because it affects the blood vessels and the arteries. But research suggests that drinking the juice of pomegranate seeds can help you have stable blood pressure.
• Prevents Cancer – Pomegranate seeds have anticancer and anti-tumorous properties in them. For example, the punicic acid in these seeds helps fight breast cancer. In addition, the plant-based chemicals and omega-5 acids in the pomegranate seeds help keep the cancerous cells away.
• Reduces Joint pain calms arthritis – Arthritis is a disease that occurs in the joints. You can treat chronic arthritis and joint pain by consuming pomegranate seeds. The antioxidants soothe joint pain and relieve arthritis
• Improves hemoglobin – Pomegranate seeds are highly rich in iron. Iron is very effective in raising the hemoglobin count. If your body does not have enough hemoglobin, you will be anemic. Anemia will make you weak and exhausted and always feel dizzy.
Side effects of pomegranate seeds :-
Everything has two sides to it, and so do pomegranate seeds. With so many health benefits, pomegranate seeds might also have some side effects-
• You might be allergic to pomegranate seeds – Pomegranate allergies might not be very common. But it can be threatening for those who go through it. So, please check for the signs like itching, pain in the stomach, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, swelling in the throat, and sore throat.
• It can lower your blood pressure way too much – Pomegranate is a blessing for people who tend to have high blood pressure. But for those who sometimes have high blood pressure or their blood pressure keeps fluctuating, pomegranate seeds might cause a problem. But, on the other hand, it may lower their blood pressure to a great extent.
• Can cause digestive problems – Pomegranate can irritate your gastrointestinal tract and block the digestive tract. Too much consumption of Pomegranate may cause nausea and vomiting, stomach ache, constipation, or diarrhea in some cases.
Other uses of pomegranate seeds :-
• People often use pomegranate seeds in the kitchen for marinating, making syrups, and garnishing foods.
• Pomegranate seeds have additional culinary benefits in India; people make a spice out of the pomegranate seeds.
• Ayurveda uses Pomegranate to create a lot of medicines.
• Being rich in Vitamin C, pomegranate seeds also benefit our skin. It is also rich in antioxidants, giving a glow to our skin and fighting dullness and acne.
• It has antifungal and antibacterial properties, so it fights fungal infections and protects our skin from bacteria and diseases.
Pomegranate is a rich fruit. It can help us all in several ways. From health benefits to skin benefits, pomegranate seeds are highly beneficial. However, some people might have some problems with consuming pomegranate seeds. If you also have a problem or allergy to pomegranate seeds, please do not ignore the problem and consult a doctor now!