Pediatrics & Neonatology
At AIMS, a dedicated “Mother and Child Care Unit” aims at providing competent, compassionate and comprehensive care including safe deliveries (Normal & Caesarian Section), nursing care for new borns and excellent Critical Care Services in state-of-the art NICU and PICU which has been functional for the last 3 years.
Since the inception of this unit, our team of Pediatricians and Neonatologist has supervised and attended thousands of babies admitted in various wards of our hospital.
Our NICU has treated many babies and prides itself as a unit with one of the lowest infection and highest survival rate in Delhi NCR region.
As a team, our endeavor is to provide complete, personalized and the best care to every baby visiting our hospital.
The “Department of Pediatrics and Neonatology” is a part of “Mother and Child Care Centre” at AIMS. It includes the division of Neonatology, General Pediatrics, Adolescent Medicine and Pediatric Surgery.
General pediatric wards, private and semi-private rooms are baby-friendly and have the ambience that reduces their anxiety and makes them feel at home.
The specially trained staff including pediatric trained nurses and paramedical staff ensure that emotional and psychological aspect of sick babies is taken care of equally well.
The Pediatricians work as a team with our other specialists in the field of:
- Pediatric Surgery
- Child Psychology
PICU (Pediatric Intensive Care Unit):
Provides critical tertiary care beyond the neonatal period (1 month-18 years of age.)
At Asian, we have a dedicated 6 bedded PICU located within the complex of “Mother and Child Care Centre” to provide state of the arti evidence based intensive care to critically ill infants and children.
Equipped with staff trained in critical care and the latest gadgetry including ventilators and monitors, we can provide the best of care to all critically ill and post surgical children.
NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit)
Provides critical tertiary care to the neonates (new born babies-1 month of age.)
18 bedded state-of-the-art “Tertiary Care NICU” with advanced equipment caters to all high risk babies with special needs including premature babies and new born babies with complications.
The unit also provides pre and postoperative management of neonatal surgical cases. To ease the stress and anxiety of parents of such babies, we encourage them to actively participate in the day-to-day care of their baby.
- An experienced Neonatologist and trained nursing personnel to handle low birth weight, extremely premature and sick babies.
- High end, state-of-the-art ventilators including High Frequency Ventilator.
- Multifunctional Monitors.
- Surfactant Delivery.
- Double Surface Phototherapy.
- Total Parental Nutrition (TPN) including Laminar Flow Facility within NICU for its preparation.
- Facility for Exchange transfusion.
- Separate areas designated for sick babies requiring intensive care
- Neonatal and Pediatric Surgery
- Division of Adolescent Medicine
- Adherence to “Evidence Based Practice” leading to minimum and judicious use of drugs especially Antibiotics.
- Strict asepsis practices in the NICU ensuring virtually zero sepsis rate for the last 2 years.
- Coordinated effort with Department of Pediatric Dental Surgery (Pedodontics) to carry out routine dental check up and early treatment of dental problems in children.
- Application of minimally invasive surgery in children especially pediatric laparoscopic herniotomy.
- Introduction of multidisciplinary approach for management of spina bifida, cleft lip and palate.