We provide the most innovative care available for children with heart conditions present at birth or that occur after birth. As a leading heart centre, we routinely provide advanced cardiac support, including extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) and external ventricular assist device support for younger children and implantable (LVAD) support for older children.
The paediatric cardiac program includes the following:
- Paediatric Cardiology
- Paediatric cardiac surgery
- Paediatric cardiac intensive care and anaesthesiology
Heart ailments and problems among children below the age of 18, although not very common, are increasing at an alarming rate in the country today. These may be arising from a variety of factors, including, but not limited to the following:
- Unhealthy lifestyle
- Smoking and consumption of alcohol by the mother during pregnancy etc.
Cardiac ailments in children can take a variety of forms, from minor ailments that can be cured by short-term medication, to ones that may require surgical intervention.
Keeping your child’s health and well-being, we at Asian Institute of Medical Sciences Health offer the following services in order to take care of your child’s heart:
- Diagnostic Electrophysiology studies
- Catheter Ablation of Arrhythmias
- Lead Extraction
- Resynchronization therapy for heart failure
- Transtelephonic arrhythmia monitoring
- Pacemaker and implantable cardioverter defibrillators and follow-up treatment