Breast milk is one of the fundamental requirements to nurture a baby, beginning with the journey of life.
Breastfeeding is nature’s health plan. It is one of the most essential parts of nurturing a baby for proper mental and physical development throughout life. The benefits of breastfeeding are not just restricted to the babies, but also to lactating mothers and even for the greater good of the environment. The special bond forged between mother and child while nursing is incredible. One can hardly denote the emotional relevance of breastfeeding and motherhood in human life.
Following are the
Following are the most prominent advantages of breastfeeding:
1. The source of life-force
• Immunity– Breast milk is infused with antibodies and white blood cells that fight infections and
provide protection from germs. Thereby, boosting the ability of the child to fight off diseases.
• Nutrition– Breast milk is filled with special types of amino acids, fats and proteins in their purest
forms making it safest and easily digestible for babies.
2. The protective life-guard
Breast milk not only encourages the infant’s overall development, it also reduces the risk of life
threatening diseases like:
• Obesity & Type 1 diabetes
• Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
• Common cold, pneumonia and other respiratory infections
• Gastrointestinal illnesses & urinary tract infections
• Ear infections that can damage hearing
• Complex health problems like meningitis, Crohn’s disease, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis
• Childhood cancers, including leukemia and lymphoma
• Heart disease and liver disease in adulthood
3. Helping every mother
Breastfeeding is a natural maternal instinct for which the female human body is specially designed. It
helps women to:
• Heal post-childbirth and avoid severe postpartum bleeding.
• Return to pre-pregnancy weight as it burns calories
• Strengthen bones in old age
• Releasing happy hormones called Oxytocin, that has a calming and relaxing effect
A mother’s milk is the ultimate environment-friendly food. There is no dairy industry waste product generation, it is free of cost and easily available in most cases. While formula milk is an artificial supplement that can never replace the benefits and value of breast milk.
The links between breastfeeding and nutrition, food security, and poverty reduction is a cause of celebration and exaltation. The nourishing aspect of suckling babies is a gift of nature. Breastfeeding is an irreplaceable part of motherhood that ensures a healthy continuation of all living beings. Healthy mothers and babies are the greatest treasure of our human species. The need of the hour is to spread knowledge about the positive nuances of breastfeeding and protect the development of our future generation!