The Department of E.N.T. and Head and Neck Surgery is well equipped with latest diagnostic modalities including instant out-patient endoscopies to enable a working diagnosis in each and every patient examined.In addition to all these, the backup laboratory and imaging facilities available in this hospital make it a truly world class department capable of handling:
- Cochlear Implants – for enabling sound perception and speech discrimination in primary or secondary deafnes.
- Myringotomy and Grommet insertion- for childern with ”Glue Ear”.
- Tympanoplasties- Repair of eardrum and ossicles under microscope.
- Stapedectomy- teflon/ gold/ tungston piston placement for Otospongiosisor otosclerosis.
- Mastoidectomy- for disese of mastoid bone; generally coupled with repairative Tympanoplasty.
- Sac Decompression- for difficulty to treat Menier’s disease.
- Facial Nerve Decompression and repair.
- Septoplasty- correction of nasal septum crookedness.
- Septorhinoplasty- Cosmetic and repairative surgery of nose.
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery- for difficulty to treat sinusitis and sino-nasal polyposis.
- Trans Nasal Neuro Surgeries- including pituitary tumours and skullbase surgery Optic Nerve Decompression- when blindness follows optic nerve compression.
- Orbital decompression- when the eye content are under pressure
- Tonsillectomy- with minimal blood loss.
- Adenoidectomy- endoscopic guidance to ensure complete removal.
- Micro-Laryngeal Surgeries- look at Voice-Box microscopically and remove growths and repair.
- Uvulo – Palatoplasty- as treatment of snoring/ OSA Obstructive Sleep Apnoea.
- Pharyngoplasty- repair/modification of throat Laryngofissure and other voice box surgeries Tracheal Surgeries.
- Endoscopies- all kind of diagnostic procedures as laryngoscopy, bronchoscopy oesophagoscopy and nasopharyngoscopy with flexible fibreoptic or rigid scopes.